|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Polk County - Des Moines
Crocker GAR Post Monument
This granite monument is on the State Capital grounds, located on Locust Street east of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. It was erected in 1944 by the Crocker Women’s Relief Corps to honor the Crocker GAR Post. This was named after General Marcellus M. Crocker. Photo taken 9/25/07.