|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Page County - Shenandoah
Civil War Memorial
This wonderful monument is located in a prominent place with several churches surrounding it on a busy intersection SE of the business district. It has three bronze plaques with about 175 Civil War soldiers listed from the region. The front plaque is shown below. The monumentI is about 30 feet high. It was dedicated in 1917 by the WRC. There is an inscription "Designed and erected by A. B. Frontini 1917". There are also monuments behind it recognizing veterans from more recent wars. It is on the corner of Thomas Avenue and Church Street. The first photo was taken 5/16/09. The second photo was taken 10/15/17. The final photo is from an old undated postcard provided by Danny Krock.