|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Adams County - Corning
GAR Monument and Cannon
This is an 10 foot granite shaft erected by the WRC. The inscription reads "To Adams County Soldiers 1861 - 1865." The cannon is an 8 inch siege howitzer, M1861 cast at the Fort Pitt Foundry in 1862. These are located in the Walnut Grove Cemetery on the NW side of town. Take 17th Street west off Highway 148 to the cemetery. Photos taken 5/2/08 and 10/22/17.