|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Clay County - Spencer
Civil War Soldier
This is an attractive monument at the entrance to the Riverside Cemetery. It is a 20 foot granite monument which was dedicated in 1915 by the WRC. It is on the west side of town - take W 4th Street from downtown to the cemetery. The first photo was taken 4/23/08. The second photo was taken 8/30/16. The final photo shows a re-dedication ceremony held 5/4/14 by members of the SUVCW Kinsman Camp.