|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Hancock County - Garner
This upright cannon is a 4.2 inch Army Parrott rifle cast at West Point Foundry in 1862. The monument, originally dedicated in 1906, was rededicated by the SUVCW on June 23, 2001. It is in the Concord Cemetery close to the maintenance shed. It is on the SE side of Garner. Take Seymour Avenue to the cemetery. Photos taken 3/14/08.