|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Clayton County - McGregor
Nellie Grant Cannon on Waterfront
This is a 6 pounder bronze field gun, M1841, cast at Ames Manufacturing Co. in 1856. It is named after General U. S. Grant's daughter. It was dedicated in 2002. It is in a very nice setting in Riverfront Park on the Mississippi River. It is just north of the business district. Photos taken 3/24/08.