|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Page County - Clarinda
Monument to Unknown Dead
This monument in the Clarinda Cemetery is dedicated to the Unknown Dead from 1861-1865. It was erected by the WRC - no date of dedication is on the monument. The cemetery is on the north side of town - follow 16th Street to the entrance. The monument is in the NE part of the cemetery by the flags and maintenance building. Photos taken in July, 2010.