|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Mills County - Emerson
This monument was dedicated by the WRC in 1892 "In Memory of our Country's Defenders". There are also WRC, GAR and SUVCW emblems on the W, S and E sides of the monument. It is in the Emerson Cemetery about one mile north of town on Highway 59. It is in the far SW corner of the cemetery. The first photo was taken 5/16/09 - the second 6/29/18.