|Department of Iowa - Civil War Monuments|
Fremont County - Tabor
Todd House - Underground Railroad
The John Todd House, in SW Iowa, was an important stop on the underground railroad. John Brown came through this area many times. John Todd was a Congregational minister and served as a Chaplain in the 46th Iowa Infantry Regiment in 1864. The house is located on the west side of town on Park Street and on the west side of City Park. The home is open to the public by appointment - call 712 629-3164 for information. Photos taken 5/16/09.